[sclug] Cowon iAudio D2 MP3 Player: typos corrected.

James Wyper jrwyper at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 12:55:12 UTC 2008

No direct experience of the D2, but I bought an M3 from Cowon in April 2005 and it's still going strong.  Great sound quality, no problem with ogg/flac, ability to encode mp3 from line-in, almost gapless playback, regular firmware updates initially, visible to Linux as a generic USB disk.  Downsides were the FM radio being useless (unless in an incredibly strong signal area) and the Li-ion battery wearing out after about 20 months (as those types of batteries are wont to do).  Luckily it had a 2 year warranty so I had the battery replaced free.

You may want to check if Rockbox supports the D2 yet, not that I've ever felt the need to try it on the M3.

Bottom line - the company have made good kit in the past.  At the time the M3 was an easy first choice on functionality and sound quality grounds but Apple etc. may have caught up. Your experience may vary.

James.