[sclug] [OT] Recommendations for email hosting?

Tom Carbert-Allen tom at randominter.net
Thu Aug 13 12:41:20 UTC 2009

personally i use google apps for your domain which is free and provides
encrypted smtp/imap/pop3/webmail for unlimited users with about 7GB of
storage per user all for free if you just pay to register your domain
name somewhere and point it at there servers. there virus/spam filtering
is top notch and i've never had any down time with them. You can also
setup SPF too which massively reduces the chance you will accidentally
end up on someone else's blacklist.

also being the same system that runs gmail, you can pretty much be sure
people accept email from it, unlike 1and1 who have always had very odd
policies

TCA