[sclug] Digital TV card and channel recognition

Dickon Hood dickon-ml at fluff.org
Fri Dec 11 21:25:42 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 21:13:40 +0000, Alex Butcher wrote:
: On Fri, 11 Dec 2009, Dickon Hood wrote:

: >You'd never guess I've spent the last three years or so doing this stuff,
: >would you...

: My excuse is that I ended up learning a bit just to administer my own MythTV
: box. What's yours? ;-)

I[1] have three and a half years of content on disc, totalling about
650TB, available via a point-and-click interface in a variety of formats,
transcoded on the fly.

Anyone with multicast[0] should find some streams of content at
<rtp://@233.122.227.200:5554>.  And yes, the '@' is correct.  And you'll
need about 8Mb/s for the telly channels.

[0] Probably not you, for all values of 'you'.  Complain to your ISP.

[1] Well, BBC R&D...

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.