[sclug] Finding my transmitter

Neil Haughton haughtonomous at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 13 09:35:25 UTC 2009

> : What's the best way of figuring out what transmitter I'm on?
>
> IME, a compass and a map.  Use the compass to see where your aerial is
> pointing, and locate anything likely-looking on the map.

PMFBI but I guess you are referring to some app called 'compass' that
integrates with GPS and googlemaps or something like that. Sounds cool. So
where can I get the source code?

I simply don't believe you can seriously be suggesting standing outside in
the wind and rain with a magnetic pointy thing and a piece of printed paper.
That's soooo not the Linux way.

( ;-))

Neil.