[sclug] Finding my transmitter

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Tue Dec 15 01:31:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009, Dickon Hood wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 14:23:26 +0000, David Given wrote:
>
> : Incidentally, if you don't have a transmitter handy, you can always
> : build your own using nothing but an old-fashioned CRT monitor and an X
> : server...
>
> : http://bellard.org/dvbt/
>
> That is really quite scary.
>
> If *only* he'd release the source...

I forwarded it to an electronics geek from BBLUG. Given that retro-computing
is something of an interest, I'd previously suggested, as something of a
gag, a realtime RF-to-DVB-T adaptor for old 80s micros so that they can
continue to be used with IDTVs once they stop including an analogue tuner.
This makes that gag a little bit less funny.  :-)

Best Regards,
Alex