[sclug] RAID-1 on asymmetric disks?

Sebastian Malcolm sebastian.malcolm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 23:34:06 UTC 2009

G'day Will,
I think recent Ubuntu has an "Make Live USB (installer)" tool that
would workaround u needing a CD drive in your new/spare PC.

I too am interested in portable (USB bootable) Linux and i've done
some mostly successful experiments with two fast 16gb Corsair Voyager
GT sticks: LVM on encrypted RAID1.

Will: Are you be able to attend this Wed SCLUG meeting to discuss
further and/or wld i find u on IRC sometime when your next wanting to
work on your ideas/project?

Anyone else interested in Portable/Pocket Linux?

Cheers,
 --Sebastian.