[sclug] OT Trains and roads

Neil Haughton haughtonomous at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 11 11:57:21 UTC 2009

PMFBI, but the simple way of heading off this sort of nonsense, surely, is
simply to use the trains! It is unlikely even a pig-headed Conservative
government (and they are not all that, I hasten to add) would struggle to
justfy ripping up well-used tracks with stable or ever increasing passenger
numbers.

In my experience, whatever the prevailing wisdom happens to be you will
always get someone or other popping up promoting the opposite view with a
factually-selective case - and there will usually be a previously-unheard-of
numpty MP glad of the publicity as well!

Neil.