[sclug] Mirror disks across machines like distributed RAID?

Dickon Hood dickon-ml at fluff.org
Tue Jan 5 17:04:01 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 16:49:16 +0000, Tom Carbert-Allen wrote:

: Anyone else got any other experiences with high availability disk
: solutions either at home or in work?

I have had at work, and my conclusion is this: in all cases I've ever
seen, don't bother.  Do it at the application layer instead: you'll save
yourself a hell of a headache, and a bundle of cash.

Of course, if your developers are the usual inept sort, you're screwed.

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.