[sclug] Grub2 Reinstall issue

Matt Cox spudgun79 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 21:49:39 UTC 2010

I don't know how I managed to do it, but I managed to bork the whole thing.
Even the Live CD wouldn't load, failing with SQUASHFS errors.  Luckily I use
Unison so I had a copy of all the files I wanted to keep on my netbook so I
reinstalled Karmic in the end.

Once I'd done that though, it would only boot to Linux and I couldn't get to
the Win 7 install.  The complete opposite!  Anyway, after working out how to
add the Win 7 entry manually and unhiding the grub2 menu I got it all up and
running okay.

I'm not sure what went wrong in the first place, but at least I know how to
update grub2 now! :)

Thanks.

Matt.