[sclug] OS crash whne using flash on full screen mode

Olivier Lauret olivier.lauret at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 12 08:03:11 UTC 2010

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for answering to this email. To answer to the questions:

   * Screen saver should start after 1 hour and 45 min, so I don't think it
could be related to this, but I turn it off and will see if this problem
happens again.
   * The problem seems more specific as it doesn't crash every time I look
at a flash video in Full screen (it did for the world cup final :) )
   * No error message in /var/log/messages or /var/log/Xorg.0.log* (actually
no message at all around the time of the crash)
   * All Ubuntu updapes should be installed. Couldn't find a similar issue
in  <https://bugs.launchpad.net/>, but true, I haven't looked at all 3000+
issue regarding flash
   * Video Chipset: "Intel Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics
Controller". I'm still pretty new with Linux, I don't know how to find out
which driver I'm using.

Regards,
Olivier