[sclug] sclug Digest, Vol 78, Issue 2

Graham Swallow lists at information-cascade.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 12:55:21 UTC 2010

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 20:04:01 +0000
> From: Neil Haughton <haughtonomous at googlemail.com>
> Firefox generally works fine but there is an issue with the flash plugin.
> The issue is this:
> Given that I installed Firefox as root, I am perplexed at this. Does anyone
> out there know what is going on?

My firefox/flash fails because flash uses a different LIBC version than firefox
(ubuntu 6.0.6 really must get round to making the other machine work,
and upgrading that one).
I dont see how you can have two libc versions active at the same time!
So you must have a different problem.

Maybe one can use the more recent but the other cant use the older version?
Then it would be LD_LIBRARY_PATH or something. try ldd and locate

Graham