[sclug] OpenCL - was Re: Children behaving badly

Jacqui Caren-home jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Thu May 20 14:27:04 UTC 2010

Neil Haughton wrote:
> As an occasional contributor and less occasional observer of this forum, I
> agree whole-heartedly. Some children seem to think that bad behaviour is the
> path to improved self-esteem. Bizarre.

Hmm someone was recently kicked out of surrey lug (and moderated on hants lug)
for less prolific but almost as vitriolic postings. I wonder if there is any
connection?

Jacqui

Getting back on to a linux issue.

My boss is evaluating use of openCL and has asked if I can integrate availability
of the graphics stream processors into postgress for use within stored procedures
- we do plan to do some pretty *PU-intensive stuff.

Anyone used openCL or CUDA - any (helpfull) comments...

Yes I know this is thread hijacking - but at least it is now on-topic :-)