[sclug] Ubuntu 10.10

James Norcutt loken at live.co.uk
Mon Oct 11 17:45:16 UTC 2010

On Monday 11 Oct 2010 17:48:24 Ian Park wrote:
> On 10/10/10 18:06, ed wrote:
> > Probably you all already know this, but Ubuntu 10.10 has been released,
> > although, maybe you'll all find the announcement as entertaining as I
> >
> > have:
> >   https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2010-October/000139.h
> >   tml
>
> More seriously, I decided to go for UNE, after a difficult experience
> with Jolicloud on my Aspire One - just did a clean install to wipe
> Jolicloud. I was favourably impressed to find that wireless networking
> worked straight away, with no need to faff around with Madwifi.
>
> Ian
Hi.
I had trouble with Jolicloud too until i did an 'apt-get update'. Solved
everything, which is weird since the repo packaged should be synced at
install, but ho hum.

I must say that I am also impressed by the ease of 10.10. Despite the long
download times at the weekend, I braved a distro upgrade from package-kit, (I
used Kubuntu), and with the possible exception of having to tweak my plymouth
settings, again, it went (touch wood) really well.  Usually I reboot into a
command line because the upgrade borked my nVidia drivers. I'm classing it at
a win for the ubuntu/kubuntu developers, good work you guys.

Now to more fun matters.  If there are any duke nukem 3d fans around, may I
humbly suggest that you look for eduke32, and endevour to install it with the
high res polymer packs, all I can say is "Hail to the king baby" lol.

anyway thats enough of my babble.

cheers
James Norcutt

p.s google app inventor for android, check it out