[sclug] Disabling graphics card in Linux

Chris Couzens ccouzens at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 12:58:49 UTC 2011

My friend's Nvidia laptop had a similar fate. On Windows Vista he
could see nothing, but he could hear things happening as they should.
We didn't try safe mode.

I gave him an Ubuntu disc and it gave him the option of running X in a
reduced mode. Perhaps someone here knows how to toggle this on in
other distributions.

Chris