[sclug] More update-manager woes

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Mon Aug 8 19:22:48 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 08:10:03PM +0100, Neil Haughton wrote:
> dpkg version:

> debian:/home/neil# dpkg -l update-manager
> |
> Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
> |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name           Version        Description
> +++-==============-==============-============================================
> rc  update-manager 0.68.debian-7  GNOME application that manages software
> upda

Er, rc there means it's been removed and only the config files are left.

Oh hang on.  Sorry it might be update-manager-gnome now.

It would be interesting to see what:
	dpkg -l update-manager-gnome
gives you.

> Hit ftp://ftp.us.debian.org squeeze Release
[..]
> Hit ftp://debian.oregonstate.edu squeeze Release

You might find ftp.uk.debian.org faster.

>  aptitude --simulate dist-upgrade:

> debian:/home/neil# aptitude --simulate dist-upgrade
[..]
> Would download/install/remove packages.

So there weren't any evil error messages there which was what I was
looking for.

> But upgrade manager still has the same problem.

> Anyhow, I've now done an apt-get --dist-upgrade for real, so we shall see
> what happens

Hope all goes well! :)

Let us know if you have issues.

Simon.

--
Just another wannabie |  Le doute est le commencement  |  Just another fool