[sclug] RepRap 3D Printers, Thames Valley User Group

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Tue Aug 30 12:12:25 UTC 2011

This might interest some here.

----- Forwarded message from Hugo Mills <hugo at carfax.org.uk> -----
From: Hugo Mills <hugo at carfax.org.uk>
Subject: RepRap 3D Printers, Thames Valley User Group
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 12:41:39 +0100

   The RepRap is an open, publically-available design for a 3D printer
capable of making a significant fraction of its own components,
costing only a few hundred pounds, and which can be built by hand
without access to complex equipment.

   There is a group of people (from e-mpirical -- a company based in
Reading University's business centre) who are attempting to get a
Thames Valley RepRap user group started. They are holding an initial
planning meeting for a RepRap building party on Saturday 17th
September at Copa in Reading town centre. If you're interested, please
come along. More details and a sign-up form are available at:

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2043790031

   Hugo.

(I have no connection with e-mpirical, or the RepRap community. I just
think it's an impressive piece of technology).

--
=== Hugo Mills: hugo at ... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
       --- The early bird gets the worm,  but the second mouse ---

----- End forwarded message -----