[sclug] Fwd: Linking an XP box and Debian box via router

Neil Haughton haughtonomous at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 2 11:26:59 UTC 2011

Still going...

There's another hiccup. I can't seem to see my printer from the XP box. I
can see the debian machine in the local workgroup, I can access the folders
I have told Samba to share, but although I have configured CUPS (as root) to
allow printer sharing with

cupsctl --share-printers

but the XP Add Printers tool can only see down as far as my debian box, not
the attached printer. Printer is on and working all that stuff.

What else do I need to do to 'expose' my debian printer server to the XP
box?

TIA

Neil.