[sclug] Android ROMs

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Thu Jul 14 12:22:53 UTC 2011

David,

> Some people last night expressed an interest in installing a non-vendor
> ROM on Android phones...
>
> These guys produce superb ROMs, complete with root access and lots of
> nice features that the vendor ROMs don't have:
>
> http://www.cyanogenmod.com/

That looks interesting.

The xda forum is a good place to find this sort of stuff:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/

I have rooted my phone but not got around to installing a
new ROM yet:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=773997

--
Derek M. Jones                         tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                 mailto:derek at knosof.co.uk
Source code analysis                   http://www.knosof.co.uk