[sclug] Surplus Racks

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Fri Jun 3 12:35:55 UTC 2011

Hi,

As mentioned at a meeting a couple of months ago (IIRC) I have a couple
of full-height racks going spare.

Someone expressed an interest in them, but I'm afraid I forget who.

The reason I've not posted about this before is that I keep forgetting
to measure the things when I'm up in London, but rather than delay
further I thought I'd at least get the ball rolling by mentioning them
here, and if you are interested, mail me and I'll make sure to get
precise measurements if you need them.

There is one equipment rack, rather taler than me, so 7 or 8 foot tall,
and a slightly smaller comms rack (still over 6 foot IIRC), that is on
castors.

The rear door of the big rack has the mesh pushed through, but if you
disassembled it you should be able to sort that out.  Other than that they
in fairly decent condition.  One of them has "Reuters" etched on the
glass.

Anyway, I'll be able to measure them up tomorrow, if that's important.

If you are able to pick them up (which I believe was the case with the
person I was talking to about it at the meeting) then you can have them
for nowt -- of course, if you want to get your company to pay me
something, I can certainly deal with that too :-)

If I'm delivering, I'd like to get paid for the trouble (and lost skin
getting them in and out of my Landy)

Cheers, Phil.