[sclug] Could you build a water cooled PC?

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Tue Jun 7 19:06:40 UTC 2011

On 07/06/11 19:38, Krishna Birth wrote:
> I am interested also in having a water cooled PC.  I am on a budget.
> Thus it should not be expensive.  The watercooling kit should be open
> not closed / sealed unit because it should allow me to put the
> distilled water.

Sealed ones are cheaper and *way* easier to manage --- apart from
anything else, there's less risk of squirting fluid all over the inside
of your computer...

I use one of these:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-h50-1-hydro-high-performance-cpu-watercoolers775-1366-1156-1155-amd-754-939-940-am2-am2plus-

It's a combination system fan and cooler (plugs into both sockets). It's
almost completely foolproof and almost totally silent. My CPU idles at
35 degrees and when working really hard peaks at 37. The downside is
that it won't cool the GPU, but it is half the price of anything else,
and if you have a passive graphics card it doesn't need cooling anyway.

--
?