[sclug] Survey

Dickon Hood dickon-ml at fluff.org
Mon Jun 20 08:02:20 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 07:22:57 +0000, Krishna Birth wrote:

: 1.  What tool is best for a non-techie to build linux distro?

A techie.  (No, not me).

: 3.  From susestudio, remastersys and revisor which is best for non-techie?

They're all equally bad.

: 6.  From susestudio, remastersys and revisor which is best for
: consultant/expert to produce distro?

Personally, I'd go with something Debian-based.

: 9.  If a consultant/expert was to use susestudio, remastersys or
: revisor, how much time would be spent to remove all fonts and put 2
: fonts perhaps bitmap one font also, the distro logo and a live,
: installable, bootable media and downloadable distro?

The answer to that will doubtless depend on the presence of the letter
'K'; it's difficult to fsck things without it.

: 10.  If a non-techie was to use susestudio, remastersys or revisor,
: how much time would be spent to remove all fonts and put 2 fonts, the
: distro logo and a live, installable, bootable media and downloadable
: distro?

Depends on how long it'll take the non-techie to either a: become a
techie, or b: give up and employ one.

I wish you luck.  You're going to need it.

Dickon Hood
--
Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the

This email was sent from a colocated server, and needs no excuses.