[sclug] Locking down

John Stumbles sclug at yaph.org.uk
Tue Jun 21 08:13:35 UTC 2011

On 21/06/11 08:42, Neil Haughton wrote:

> ... Developers who claim that
> they "can't do their job" without unfettered internet access from their
> desktop are usually really saying they can't do their job. Provided you
> ensure that alternative arrangements are in place it's nice to have, that's
> all.

To be fair to some of the nay-sayers I recall that more than one pointed
out you don't need *any* internet access in order to make off with code
you have access to for working on. At the crudest level a decent camera
phone will take readable, and possibly OCR-able, screen-shots.

Having absolutely no experience of this sort of thing I'll spare you the
benefit of my ignorance, but I will take the opportunity to note that
the problem is (as you have acknowledged) entirely the result of the
proprietary-code model, and snigger ;-)

--
John Stumbles                                       http://yaph.org.uk