[sclug] Yesterday's links

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Thu Oct 13 10:28:36 UTC 2011

Music from one line of code:

http://countercomplex.blogspot.com/2011/10/algorithmic-symphonies-from-one-line-of.html

The Javascript tool to let you play with this things interactively:

http://wurstcaptures.untergrund.net/music/

A graphics demo for the ZX Spectrum in 15 bytes of machines code:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1U5WetLX8s

How to make ginger beer, the new-fangled way with yeast:

http://www.vurt.co.uk/2005/06/15/GingerBeer/

How to make ginger beer, the old-fashioned way with a ginger beer plant
(Warning: plant will grow to consume all available space in your fridge
and may attempt to TAKE OVER THE WORLD):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2011/jun/29/how-make-real-ginger-beer

How to make alcoholic ginger beer (the main difference between this and
the first recipe appears to be fermentation time):

http://www.netcooks.com/recipes/Beverages/Dave's.Ginger.Beer.html

--
? "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my