[sclug] sclug Digest, Vol 106, Issue 1

Neil Brown neil at neilzone.co.uk
Sat Jul 7 09:45:39 UTC 2012

On 7 Jul 2012, at 10:29, Keith Edmunds <kae at midnighthax.com> wrote:

> Isn't that exactly what Neil Haughton said

In terms of those nasty first paragraph corporate lawyers, yes. My feeling was that the sentiment did not apply to the friendly middle paragraph lawyer (who seemed I have been instructed to advise his/her client on patent ability of software).

I could be wrong - it could just be the (not unusual) feeling that all lawyers are evil, and are the source of blame for anything which commercial organisations might do which displeases someone. (Something which, as a lawyer, you learn to ignore quite quickly!)

Neil

-----
neil at neilzone.co.uk | http://neilzone.co.uk