[sclug] Odd behaviour from OpenDNS?

Neil Brown neil at neilzone.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 18:14:57 UTC 2012

On 23 Jul 2012, at 19:04, Dickon Hood wrote:

> truely paranoid will want to funnel all DNS over some form of
> VPN to a machine somewhere they know isn't having its traffic interfered
> with.  No, I don't know where you're going to find one of those.

When I'm connecting from outside the house (hotel, pub, coffee shop etc.) I tunnel everything, including DNS, down the VPN, to a DNS server within my own network. I'm sure it's not perfect, and I'm keen to hear how, but that seems to resolve (no pun intended) most of my concerns about who can see what.

Neil

Neil Brown
neil at neilzone.co.uk | http://neilzone.co.uk