[sclug] Pi has arrived!

Neil Haughton haughtonomous at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 18 14:06:00 UTC 2012

Much excitement here - my Pi has finally arrived, after a delivery period
that would have made even Clive Sinclair blush. The good news is that I was
'upgraded' to a  512Mb model and I expect I have the advantage of a whole
heap of other improvements since I first ordered it (which was when
exactly? Well before the start of my memory frame!)

My burning question is: has anyone of you actually used on of these in a
real project, and if so, for what? I don't need to learn to programme (or
at least I hope not - it's my living) so it needs to be something genuinely
useful. My first thoughts are possibly a low power consumption NAS with
Raid, but I am open to other useful ideas. I know there are websites full
of project ideas, but I'd like to hear what sclug people have done.

Neil.