[sclug] CD Drive

Neil Haughton haughtonomous at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 26 08:54:45 UTC 2012

<SNIP......>

> good luck
>
> --
> alan cocks

Alan,

Asunder seems to be working well now. I guess it must have been (a) the DVD
drive won't work with CDs for some reason and (b) the CD writer drive
wasn't connected, and after I reconnected the CD writer device Sound-juicer
had got itself into a state and couldn't see the re-attached CD writer,
which itself is quite happy reading CDs.

Anyway the problem is now resolved in that I can rip my wife's CDs, which
is all I had to achieve for the time being. Thanks to all who responded.

BTW the SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip music player (I bought one for ?21
delivered), has pretty good sound quality if you use a decent set of
earphones, especially when you use flac or even ogg codecs. 4G + a 4G
microSD card packs quite a lot of music into a tiny space. I'm impressed!

Neil.