[sclug] Squid Webproxy - partial page loads

Adam Thompson adwulf at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 12:47:16 UTC 2012

Dear SCLUG,

I have a Squid 3.1.10 proxy, which for the mostpart works fine.  It's on
CentOS 6.2, running as a KVM guest.

However, some sites are prone to partial page loading.  This includes some
pages that are hosted on apache on that same server, as well as some
external sites (ripe.net and apnic.net spring to mind).

I thought this might have been due to some compression used, but there's no
apparent common factor between these pages.

The Squid access log shows a TCP_MISS/200 on one of the requests which
resulted in a partial page load from the site that's local on that
machine.  The apache access log shows a 200 OK.  The browser shows a
partially loaded page.  It's as if the data just stopped halfway down the
page.

I'm not sure how I can go about tracking down the cause of this issue.  Any
suggestions?

Many thanks,

--
AdamT