[sclug] On ultra cheap machines

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Mon Apr 29 20:16:31 UTC 2013

On 27/04/13 21:36, MM wrote:
> Well if you want pre-owned the Bracknell Computer Fair is worth a try as you don't have to worry about delivery costs and there is a limited warranty.
>
> Also Alan C is on hand to answer any Linux questions!

Yay! 'Tis true!
Although it must be said that my main activity is answering the most
basic of questions from novices (my main skill....) anything much more
than that, I am good at asking here  ;-)

An interesting comment from a mini shop that I know of in Bracknell
which focusses on second user laptops was that he thought  the
Computer Fair prices were a 'bit high':
www.bfcr.co.uk
This guy is in my favourable sights because he is starting an interest
in retail Ubuntu, on second user laptops. I have promised to be on
hand to get him up to speed (if needed). It seems he uses a variety of
Linux based live usb/CD to test every laptop before he buys it for
refurbishment, though as you might expect his sales currently are to
people expecting Windows machines.

--
alan cocks