[sclug] sclug Digest, Vol 113, Issue 5

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Thu Feb 14 15:27:09 UTC 2013

Graham Swallow wrote:
[...]
> and here is a possible case for it.
> complete with mode-switch, and some connectors.
> Seems a shame to scoop out the multimeter tho

The mode switch might be a bit hard to interface to --- on those cheapo
multimeters it's part of the main PCB, so you can't remove the PCB
without destroying the switch. And I have absolutely no idea how to
drive one of those LCD displays.

I did find this:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10168

It's a 84x48 Nokia phone screen, for $9.95. It will run on 3.3V and
speaks SPI, so it's trivial to interface to the microcontroller. (Three
wires, I believe.) Unfortunately it's a bitmap display so if you want to
draw text you need to store a font in your precious flash ROM. I haven't
found a character cell display yet for under about fifteen quid.

--
?