[sclug] Linux and secure boot

Inuka Jayasekera inuka.j at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 20:27:13 UTC 2013

Hello,

I've recently bought an Asus laptop that came with Windows 8 and secure
boot set up. From Ubuntu's website, it looks like secure boot was available
from 12.10 onwards. I've tried several times though to install Ubuntu 12.10
(using the UEFI boot option and the regular boot option) and it always
complains saying it can't read partitions during install!

Has anyone tried to install Linux (especially Ubuntu) on a secure boot
laptop and had any luck? Any advice (even if you haven't)?

Thank you,
Inuka.