[sclug] Nospam puzzle

Dickon Hood dickon-ml at fluff.org
Sat Mar 2 15:03:38 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 02, 2013 at 10:27:56 +0000, Neil Haughton wrote:
: Is there something amiss with sclug's mailing list? Often when I post
: something, I get a response from nospam at bradleyatkins.com announcing my
: email won't be delivered because he gets too much spam.

: Who is Bradley Atkins, and why is my post being directed to him? Is it
: intentional? The response seems to me to be a mild form of spam in it's own
: right.

There was a trend for such things a while back: you basically make the
sender jump through extra hoops to get added to a whitelist (at best).
Basically, they're contributing to the problem, although they're extremely
effective for the user.

The right thing to do is forceably unsubscribe him, which only the list
admins can do.

Dickon Hood
--
Due to the release of iOS 6 Maps, my .signature is temporarily lost.  Normal
service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the

This email was sent from a colocated server, and needs no excuses.