[sclug] Free to good home

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Sat Oct 5 12:39:31 UTC 2013

I'm getting rid of some of my exotic computer collection --- any takers?

- Psion 5. Boxed with manual, warranty card (good luck with that), power
supply, and crappy Windows software. Runs EPOC. Will run Linux if you're
patient, and masochistic. Will run on 2xAA.

- Psion netBook. The original! The best! Well, not the best, but the one
which spawned the name. Runs EPOC. Comes with a free compact flash card
(containing the OS). Will run Linux if you're patient.

- Victor Interlink MP-C101 netbook. Early Japanese laptop thingy with a
MIPS processor. Not new enough to have wifi, but it does have one (1)
USB port. Runs Windows CE... in Japanese. Allegedly NetBSD will run on
it. Power supply (in Japanese, but I'll throw in Japanese->EU and EU->UK
power adaptors). Will also run on 4xAA.

- Palm Pilot IIIe. One of the nicest PDAs ever made. Docking station
long gone. Runs off 2xAAA. Also has a gorgeous fold-up keyboard
accessory, which I suspect no longer works.

- IBM PC110 with loads of accessories. An exquisitely tiny and quite
useless 486 PC with a Japanese keyboard. Plus docking station, power
supply, spare batteries, external battery charger, and external floppy
disk, and full-height PCMCIA hard drive. Will run Linux if you're
patient. See http://www.basterfield.com/pc110/pc110idx.htm

- Mysterious Canon POS tablet (that stands for 'point of sale', by the
way, not the other meaning). It's a 386! It says EX50CPU10, but the only
reference on Google is a post I made in 2010 asking what it is. Uses off
the same batteries as the PC110, but uses the PC110's charger for a
power supply. Runs DOS. Will actually run Linux if you're patient and evil.

I'll bring the lot along to the next SCLUG meeting for you all to laugh
at...

--
? "I must have spent at least ten minutes out of my life talking to