[sclug] System unit for sale

Ian Park i.d.c.park at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 24 14:48:34 UTC 2015

I've decided to upgrade from my main PC, so I have a substantial system
unit for sale. The specifications are:
Case: Silverstone tower, 540mm H x 205mm W x 470mm D
Motherboard: Tyan Thunder n6650W, with rear ports:
6 x USB 2.0; 1 x IEEE1394 "Firewire"; Stereo line in, line out and mic;
PS/2 mouse and keyboard; 9-pin serial; SPDIF; 2 x 100Mbit/s ethernet
CPUs: 2 x AMD Opteron 2212, stepping F2, 2000 MHz dual core
RAM: 8GB DDR2
Graphics card: nvidia Quadro 2000, 1GB video RAM
Hard drives: 5 x Seagate 320GB SATA, 7200 RPM
Optical drives: 2 x NEC IDE DVD writers
Fan controller: T-Balancer bigNG
Sound card:Asus Xonar DX 7.1 channel
Belkin USB2.0 hub with 4 front ports
This system was custom built for me by a (now defunct) company called
Vadim. I was running Linux Mint version 17 but I wiped the hard drives
to remove all my personal data and re-installed Linux Mint 17.1. One of
the Seagate hard drives is used as the "system" drive, with /, /home and
swap; the other 4 are set up in a RAID 5 array to give 960GB of storage
with error protection.

I'd be happy to take £120 for it. Any offers?

Ian

Ian Park
email: i.d.c.park at ntlworld.com