[sclug] Synergy is hiring in Reading

Gareth France gareth.france at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 20:05:15 UTC 2016

On 08/02/16 19:56, Luke Hinds wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 7:49 PM, <russell at mailmonkey.biz
> <mailto:russell at mailmonkey.biz>> wrote:
>
>     Had the below email from Nick Bolton of synergy-project if anybody
>     is interested
>
>     Synergy is a great software program that allows users to use one
>     keyboard & mouse with many computers and different operating systems
>
>     > Hi Russell,
>     >
>     > We're hiring at our UK office!
>     >
>     > To fix bugs, add new features and improve customer support,
>     we're hiring new people
>     > in Reading and Camberley (UK). We're looking for a software
>     engineer (£25-45k)
>     > with strong C++ experience, and a support engineer (£18-21k)
>     with great troubleshooting
>     > skills.
>

> Don't mean to question your intentions OP, its good that you forwarded
> this for others who might need a job. But I have to say, those are
> awful salaries for skilled positions based in the South East. The
> support role pays less then a bus driver makes.
Luke, it is possible someone with a lot of experience behind them may
feel that way but I am very skilled yet unable to break into the
industry as everyone seems to expect me to be stepping from one IT role
to another. Because I'm not I don't get a look in. I would kill to lay
my hands on jobs like these!