[Scottish] laserjet 1000

Darren Paxton scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Dec 15 16:57:00 2002

I bought a Samsung ML-4500 from Makro for the tidy sum of 94 squid including
VAT - I believe PC WOrld may do the same printer but packaged as the Izzi
(Izzi plus is 150 IIRC). Both are said to have full Linux support and
drivers along with them (cocked mine up though cos it wanted to install
Ghostscript and i think its written for Mandrake only, not SuSE). However I
think there;s a CUPS printer driver out there somewhere, havent had a chance
to use it yet as I suspect my parallel port aint working so hot these days.

Darren