[Scottish] FW: VPN

ray scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Mar 21 16:55:00 2003

On Friday 21 March 2003 11:21, Colin McKinnon wrote:
> It does work and is reportedly very stable.

Well I set up a tunnel between the lans at our sites (freeswan, fixed IPs, ADSL in Chester, dial-on-demand ISDN in Glasgow SuSE 7.3 and 8.0)) almost two years ago and it just works.

The biggest problem with Unix admin is remembering how to do stuff.  You set something up and it just works for years until someone drops something important.  Whereas people that nurse MS systems get to practise installing stuff from scratch.

--
  ray