[Scottish] [Fwd: Demon ADSL]

Ian Robertson ian at iceskate.co.uk
Fri Apr 16 19:13:59 BST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 17:44, Julian Gibson wrote:
> Ian,
>
> Yup I've had Demon ADSL for perhaps 1.5 years or so.  No problems to
> speak of.  Using a D-Link-504 box which works fine though it
> occasionally (every 3 - 6 months) needs a cold boot.
>
> Cheers
> Julian
>

> Ian Robertson wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone set up adsl on Demon with Linux.
> >
> > Am hopeful of running router(netgear) to give access once connected in
> > the next few days.  How easy to configure/test?
> >
> > Regards
Hello Julian

Thanks for the e-mail.  My son-in law a Linux enthusiast has recommended
at Netgear 835G woreless/ethernet router so that is what I have gone
for.  I hope to be able to use the wireless bit in the future once I
have treated myself to an Apple laptop?

Will keep your e-mail handy in case of snags.

Thanks again

Regards

Ian

--