[Scottish] Kubuntu Install help.....?

Gordon JC Pearce gordon at gjcp.net
Tue Mar 6 07:52:52 GMT 2007

babaguy wrote:
>  Hello again -

> I've e-mailed the Scribbler, but many hands might make light work so.....

> I finally was able to download and successfully burn the kubuntu ISO CD as recommended by Scribbler (took 5 CD's but, hey!)

> I put it into the Linux box and booted- and hit enter when it asked me ("Install Kubuntu") (I've changed the boot order at last!)

Hang on, is this what you meant when you were talking about "Boot order"
before?  That *isn't* the BIOS...

> I HAVE tried   sudo apt-get install Kubuntu

Why did you try that?

> and it starts to then give me:   E: couldn't find package kubuntu

Not surprising really

> (sigh....................................)

> Help, please............

Ok, well first off, you could try not putting three blank lines between
every line that you type.  I know you want to try radical new ways of
expressing yourself, but it makes it that little bit harder to figure
out what you're trying to say.  I know!  To express my unique ways of
thinking, I'll type the answer with my keyboard turned backwards!

/y[j jfg yllo jf of gp hkh jfhp h8h7hz ol f7'
phllh..ku7 ;oh 9hy ku]k ]kt pph; ytfd 6l;e -y;

';hgiog ih07 ;fri]y ygy ]phl lou h]=rr [hi ;rllyo 0h

[hhy ipde hi[

... and that should get it up in about 20 minutes

Gordon