[StAndrews and Fife LUG] Rsync a windows machine using cron = not working

Sharpnet Internet Solutions info at sharpnet.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 15:21:03 GMT 2004

Hallo all.

I turn to you as I am not able to solve that one.

I have a networked Mandrake 9.2 and Windows Me system. I have setup the
following rsync command to backup the my documents content to the linux
Mandrake every night with the following command stored in a file in the
cron.daily dir:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/rsync -rvz /mnt/mydocuments/ /home/archiver/mydocuments/ >>
/var/log/rsync.log

The problem I have is that it doesn't work, however when I run it
manually (as root) it works?!

I can't understand why the cron cannot do something that can be done
manually?

Any ideas?

Thanks

P.S. I also backup the Linux home dir on the windows box with cron and
it works no problemo!
--
Sharpnet Internet Solutions Limited
Custom CMS, eCommerce and eBusiness solutions