[Sussex] LaTeX Syntax

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Tue Aug 27 09:30:02 UTC 2002

Geoff

Yes it was

> A quick question :
>
> Does anyone have a quick run-down or cheet sheat for LaTeX syntax ?

If you have XEmacs installed it is part of the "Info" page, at
least it is on by Debian systems.  The installs here at work
(Win2K & Solaris) don't have it.

As for the parts of our document these are the sections that
LaTeX has that I would like to include (question marks for those
that may or may not be needed - in other words we should discuss):

	?part?
	?chapter?
	section
	subsection
	subsubsection
	paragraph

There are document type within LaTeX that don't allow parts or
chapters.  We could just map to one of those types.  I not sure
I like the idea of downloading a whole book - but then again
some of the binary packages for Debian are getting v v big.

LaTeX also has the following style setting:

	emph (italic when in normal, normal when in italic)
	normal, bold, italic
	fonts (size and type)

Then there is the question on equations in documents.  LaTeX
has a lot of support for that.  My first question is can SVG
support equations?  If so when can of load that problem to SVG.

> We're trying to replicate some of the formatting functionality
> within the PvC document format for INSIDE and I need to get a
> good look at the / commands.

My understanding chip just blew up - this must be a XML think
that I don't understand ;-)

Hope this helps (even if it is a bit late)