[Sussex] DPKG-GET

Dominic Clay dominic.clay at europrospectus.com
Thu Dec 5 08:20:00 UTC 2002

>> How about doing it as a group project for the LUG?

Sounds interesting, although I couldn't add much.

>Debian internal stuff in strongly designed and talked about on
debian-devel. Any new features a written (mostly) by debian developers,
tested and rolled >out.  The LUG would have problems getting a new approach
accepted into
>Debian cold.

>Steve (A Debian Developer)

Surely it doesn't have to be that way ;)  If the project failed, no one else
would have to know....
But if we as a group of developers felt it was good enough to go before
'they who will decide' then so be it.

Worst case scenario, they don't like it.... Big deal.  Surely (if it is
deemed posible - and I'm afraid I'd have to claim ignorance here.) it is
better to do it and have a product to add to your CV than not to offer the
world a potential improvement.

Isn't this entirely what free software / LUG is all about?

Hold on while I ready myself to be put back in my place  :P

Dominic