[Sussex] Newbie

Chris Parsons cornubia at clara.co.uk
Mon Dec 16 15:07:00 UTC 2002

Hi, guys,

I just joined this weekend, I'm Chris Parsons, 53, been involved with
computers since 1969 and now run my own company doing largely Windows
(shame!) consultancy. I live in Graffham, near Petworth and love motorbikes.
Oh, yes, I'm married.

I spend half my work time looking after the infrastructure for a local
school, and have become increasingly irritated at the licensing costs
imposed upon us by Bill and his gang. So, I thought I'd have a look at
Linux. I have installed it Suse 8.1) on my network at home and am currently
struggling with how to integrate it with an Active Directory network. Oh,
yes, and it freezes periodically, and I'm at a loss to know where to look.
Still, early days yet, and I'm determined to reduce the school's reliance
upon Windows.

With kind regards....Chris