[Sussex] MTA/SMTP servers

Macdonald-Wallace, Matthew J s0209208 at glos.ac.uk
Sat Dec 21 10:32:01 UTC 2002

All,

I've just finished my 1st term at uni, so as of tonight, I'll have a net
connection again! :o)

I'm going to emerge an MTA/SMTP server tonight/tomorrow morning, although
I'm aware that sendmail is the most used, is there one particular one you
would recommend such as postfix or another option?

Also, while I'm talking about mail servers etc, can anyone recommend a POP3
or IMAP server to emerge?  I'm turning my box into a complete server so that
I can test my websites before sending them live. Part of the website will be
sending out an automatic newsletter every week and I want to check the email
function works as well as the cron jobs.

Cheers,

Matt