[Sussex] Christmas and USB printer problems!

Macdonald-Wallace, Matthew J s0209208 at glos.ac.uk
Fri Dec 27 12:45:01 UTC 2002

All,

Hope you had a good crimbo, I've already spent my money on a DVD Drive and
4.1 surround sound system for my gentoo box and it kicks ass! :o)

I'm trying to configure a usb printer following the printer install
instructions on the gentoo website, but so far, no luck.  I'm not getting a
/dev/usb/lp0. How can I correct this?  I've tried searching the forums, but
this seems to be a kernel thing instead of a dist thing so I thought I'd try
you guys before posting to the forums... ;o)

All help greatly appreciated,

TIA,

Matt