[Sussex] The moring after

Geoff Teale Geoff.Teale at claybrook.co.uk
Fri Nov 1 08:28:01 UTC 2002

Morning all,

Good meet last night.  It was nice to see some new faces coming along.

If I get "monster" running reliably I may invest in a wireless card
specifically for LUG meets.  From there it's a short, but expensive, jump to
making my home wireless.  Quite apart from anything else the Mrs. would
appreciate not having 8m of bright pink cat5 running from the spare bedroom
to the front room....

It was also exceptionally good to meet some people from a company actively
promoting Open Source / Free Software in the Sussex area.  Steve and I had
been discussing the viability of such an enterpise with increasing frequency
over the last few months and as such it is especially nice to see it in
action and, from a bystanders point of view, moving towards a succesful and
stable business.

Big thanks to Dominic for the lift home!  I'd like to hear some more about
your tomcat/apache problems - I'm sure between us we can resolve this!  I
may spend some time this weekend and do an Apache install and see if I can
get tomcat running succesfully.  I have a friend (Paul) who lives and works
in East Grinstead and is currently borrowing all my Java books (because he
too is sick of VB and Progress) so he'd probably be interested in getting
some J2EE stuff working.

I have actually achieved a fully operational Apache and Tomcat build before
when I first looked at J2EE back in my Thomson days so I'm reasonably
confident I can get it running - often my confidence is completely misplaced
thought ;)

--
GJT
geoff.teale at claybrook.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company