[Sussex] Christmas Meeting

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Mon Nov 4 23:05:01 UTC 2002

Gareth

On  04 November 2002 at 22:21 The ol' tealeg wrote:
> Gareth wrote:
> -------------
> > Just to let you know I would rather eat dog food in most
> > locations to Mcdonalds or any of the other fast food branches,
> > for some might find this wierd but for a geek I can cook aswell
> > (no that isnt an offer for me to cook for X amount)
> > and therefore like nicer food than I can cook myself,
> > mcdonalds isnt this.
>
> I share this viewpoint.  As somewhat of a closet chef myself
> I'd rather avoid the McD's of this world.

My apologies - I didn't mean to offend.  Like you and Geoff I
would rather pay a little bit more (sometimes a lot more) and
each food that has been lovingly prepared.

<rant>
On the way up here (am back in N. Yorkshire again) I got a hardware,
non-maskable interrupt from the bladder and had to pull of the A1(M)
just after the road works at J9/10.  Bad move.  It's about half way
you so to save time I decided to have a bit to eat.

With the road works custom is down and the old place that sold prepared
(as apposed to plastic) food was closed.  I'd eaten there before and
while not good it was better than old, chilled sandwiches or McD's.

As I had tried the new steak offering I though that I would give it
ago.  It proved two things:Go

  *) It is possible to make a solid chunk of meet (not a reconstituted
     bit of off-cut) tasteless, and

  *) My avoidance of McD's for the last five years correct.
</rant>

Gareth, I only tied you into McD's because I wanted a third person
for the "virtual X-mas meal" at Gatwick.  I was going for a quick,
geek type joke.  Sorry.

> > I'm an equal distant from both places and I know Brighton a
> > lot better having lived there for over a year. so my vote is
> > for intresting Brighton.
> >
> > tally so far as I can see.
> >
> > Gatport Airwick	:        1 (Nik B)
> > Brighton	    	:        7 (Geoff T, Steve D, Jon F,
> >                                 Tom E, Gareth A, Matthew J
> >                                 J, Stuart Nixon)
> > Not-Gatport	    	:        1 (Nat)
> > Thinking...     	:        1 (Angelo S)

The votes are coming in thick and fast now.  Don't tell the Government
or they'll get jealous.