[Sussex] Christmas Meeting

Tom Ellis tom at trellisnet.co.uk
Tue Nov 5 00:41:01 UTC 2002

On 4 Nov 2002 at 18:00, Steve Dobson wrote:

> Gareth
>
> On  04 November 2002 at 22:21 The ol' tealeg wrote:
> > Gareth wrote:
> > -------------
> > > Just to let you know I would rather eat dog food in most
> > > locations to Mcdonalds or any of the other fast food branches,
> > > for some might find this wierd but for a geek I can cook aswell
> > > (no that isnt an offer for me to cook for X amount)
> > > and therefore like nicer food than I can cook myself,
> > > mcdonalds isnt this.
> >
> > I share this viewpoint.  As somewhat of a closet chef myself
> > I'd rather avoid the McD's of this world.
>
> My apologies - I didn't mean to offend.  Like you and Geoff I
> would rather pay a little bit more (sometimes a lot more) and
> each food that has been lovingly prepared.
>
> <rant>
> On the way up here (am back in N. Yorkshire again) I got a hardware,
> non-maskable interrupt from the bladder and had to pull of the A1(M)
> just after the road works at J9/10.  Bad move.  It's about half way
> you so to save time I decided to have a bit to eat.
>
> With the road works custom is down and the old place that sold prepared
> (as apposed to plastic) food was closed.  I'd eaten there before and
> while not good it was better than old, chilled sandwiches or McD's.
>
> As I had tried the new steak offering I though that I would give it
> ago.  It proved two things:Go
>
>   *) It is possible to make a solid chunk of meet (not a reconstituted
>      bit of off-cut) tasteless, and

heh, not sure if everyone knows it or not but i have a part-time job
This part time job is with the company we all love to hate, yes you've guessed it ;)

You think you hate the food now??
Try working for them for a year, then you'd rather lick the floor of a south west trains toilet
floor.

>   *) My avoidance of McD's for the last five years correct.
> </rant>

Amen!

The only reason why i work for these people is for petty cash to run my car.
And because i've received rejection letters from every computer related company in the
area, and i cba to look for another job (although i do go thro periods of this)

:)

Tom