[Sussex] website

Jon Fautley jon at geekpeople.net
Mon Nov 11 00:38:00 UTC 2002

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 18:05:41 -0500
Steve Dobson <SDobson at manh.com> wrote:

> Gareth/Tom
>
> On 10 November 2002 at 16:22 Tom Ellis wrote:
> > On 10 Nov 2002 at 15:14, Gareth Ablett wrote:
> > > decided to upload somthing need to add more content though but
> > > the basics of before are there.
> > >
> > > http://www.sussex.lug.org.uk/
> >
> > All we need now is some content! :)

Indeed. New site looks v. cool :)

[ SNIP ]

>   5: There are other typos - please correct - ispell is your
>      friend :-)

There is one typo that ispell won't get and really should be corrected... saying we 'meat regularly'. After a coupla glasses of a very nice single malt, I got images in my head of lots of men 'meating' in a room together. It's not a nice thought, and I'm rather scared, actually. Perhaps it should be corrected? ;)

And yes, I do have an incredibly dirty mind ;)

> > May i suggest we have a user interface so memebers can login
> > and update parts of the site... or even just an admin interface
> > (if there isnt one already) where we can upload meetings and
> > then say what happened?
>
> Before we do that I think the "Meetings" page need to be created.
> There is a link to it of the front page so it needs content.

Indeed. This is probably the most important page. Even if it's a just 'we meet every last thurs. of the month, this month it's here...', at least it means people can find us.

> Also I think we should say that you need to subscribe to the ML to
> find out where the meetings will be.  I think we've had as many
> meeting not in the Jug as we have had in them.

Indeed. It's only a 2 second job to add the meeting location to the website, so there's no reason it shouldn't be on there. However, we often don't know when the meeting is that much in advance.

> > I guess the blank space on the front page is for a logo? Who
> > can design a decent logo?
>
> I think our logo should be a slug using a laptop (with Tux looking
> over his shoulder?).  I found the slug/laptop image but it is
> copyrighted, haven't had the time to come up with a logo.

Think the slug idea is cool... not sure about the tux though? Maybe make it look a little cluttered? Any artists on list? ;)

In true LoG style... "It's all good stuff dear.. it's all good stuff!"

Oh Reeney... :(

Jon