[Sussex] PCMCIA-CS Update

Nik Butler nik at wired4life.org
Sun Nov 17 12:23:00 UTC 2002

Well I finally cracked through the IRQ resource in use problem

I did the following

in /etc/defaults/pcmcia  I have a line

PCIC_OPTS="irq_mode=0 pci_csc=0 poll_interval=100"
~

then I use the following command

cat /proc/pci | grep -i IRQ

Which on my machine returned

sickpuppy:~# cat /proc/pci  | grep -i IRQ
      IRQ 5.
      IRQ 11.
      IRQ 10.
      IRQ 11.

So I make sure that /etc/pcmcia/config.opts contains exclude lines equal to those
above and I dont exclude those which are not listed ... this means that my config.opts now
looks like this.
# System resources available for PCMCIA devices

include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0x800-0x8ff, port 0xc00-0xcff
include memory 0xc0000-0xfffff
include memory 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff, memory 0x60000000-0x60ffffff

# High port numbers do not always work...
# include port 0x1000-0x17ff

# Extra port range for IBM Token Ring
#include port 0xa00-0xaff

# Resources we should not use, even if they appear to be available

# First built-in serial port
exclude irq 4
# Second built-in serial port
exclude irq 3
# First built-in parallel port
exclude irq 7
exclude irq 9

When all changes where made I stopped the pcmcia services and removed modules relevant to my
cards and services I then tail -f /var/log/kern.log and restarted the services for pcmcia and
lo and behold I had a working config! go me !

Now im working on making the bttv cam work!